A delicious milkshake recipe! And how to ripen a Papaya at home
Recipe - Papaya milkshake with honey
A perfect start of the day to get entire daily requirements of vitamin A, C and E, fibers and some powerful antioxidants. And requiring only 5 minutes of your time!
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- 1 cup cold milk (or orange juice for zesty shake)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 2 ice cubes
- chocolate sprinkles
- 1 pinch black pepper powder
- 1 banana for a creamier / thicker texture
- Take a ripe papaya – the flesh will be orange – discard the seeds and chop it in small parts.
- Mix it together with all the ingredients – except for the ice cubes - and blend until puree.
- Then add the ice cubes and blend again for 20 seconds on high speed.
- Pour the whole mixture in a glass, put some chocolate sprinkles on top and serve!
Optional: you can add some black pepper powder to compliment the sweet smell of papaya.
Tuca the tucan, representing our Belleza papaya's!
Tips to ripen a papaya:
What do you need (to do):
- A papaya (of course): If you can, choose one that is not too hard or too soft, but have begun to ripen a little.
- Refrigerator: A cool and dry place which keeps the fruit from ripening too fast, attract flies or getting up rotten.
- Paper bag / or newspaper: This will keep the humidity down and keep the ethylene from escaping – which will trigger the ripening process.
- Ripe banana: will hasten the ripening of the papaya by releasing ethylene.
- Paring knife: When the papaya is still too green, you can slightly cut the skin of the fruit so it can release ethylene. Be aware not to slice through the flesh or you will allow it to rot instead of ripe.
- After a day or two, you should be finding your papaya fully riped!
Share this message